The annual Interior Savings Across The Lake Swim Kelowna is the largest and longest continuously running open water swim event in Canada. Swimmers complete a 2.1 km swim from the Old Ferry Docks in West Kelowna to Hot Sands Beach in City Park Kelowna.
With the continued growth of our event, the swim will have 10-12 waves, separating swimmers by their abilities to enhance safety and minimize congestion on the lake. Your wave will be based on what you estimate your swim time to be on the registration form and you will get a color-coded cap for your wave. The swimmers with the fastest estimated times will be put into the first wave. Waves will be separated by several minutes. You cannot switch waves the morning of the swim. If you feel you need to change waves prior to swim day, please contact our registrar.
If you have not completed the Interior Savings Across the Lake Swim before and you know someone who has, you can estimate your swim time based on their times in previous swims (taking into account any differences in your swimming abilities), or estimate your time based on your training times in the pool or lake.
Regardless of swim wave, all swimmers will receive their finish time thanks to the timing chip worn around your ankle as you swim. When you cross the finish line, this timing chip will register each swimmer's personal swim time. All swimmers will be eligible for medals in their age group, as well as door prizes.
We Sell Out!
We usually sell out well before the swim date! NO REGISTRATION ON EVENT DAY!
What you get for your registration fee:
- An opportunity to swim across the jewel of the Okanagan, and to reach a goal that relatively few have accomplished.
- A swim monitored by lifeguards and boats on the water, and the RCMP Lake Patrol.
- Our famous award winning stylish beach towel.
- Automated electronic timing and your results posted online.
- Medals for top 3 overall in each individual age category (regardless of wave start).
- Food and drinks for tired and hungry swimmers.
- Funky souvenir swim cap for all finishers.
- Event insurance.
- Six FREE Fresh Air Open Water Swim Clinics starting in June
- Free ride to the start line.
- Lots of door prizes, including a chance to win a wetsuit and two tickets to any destination Air Canada flies! YOU HAVE TO BE A SWIM PARTICIPANT OR VOLUNTEER TO WIN. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. VOLUNTEERS DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT AS THEY MAY STILL BE VOLUNTEERING SOMEWHERE.
Getting to the Start Line
We provide transportation by bus (included in your registration fee) to the start line from the City Park. Due to construction on the Westside, there is very limited access to the start area for private cars and NO PARKING at the start.
Event Package Pick Up
Your event packages will be available at in the Capital News Centre (CNC) building (4105 Gordon Drive, Kelowna) in the Mission in the 2 days before the race. You can pick up your event package on:
Thursday, July 16th, 3-7PM
Friday, July 17th, 3-7PM
Your event package will include your souvenir towel, numbered cap, and lots of other goodies. Personal event bag pick up is preferred, but you can have your bag picked up by a friend or relative (they will need your Registration ID and will have to sign a form indicating that they picked up your bag).
You will pick up your timing chip at event package pick up. This will save you time on event day (Yay! More sleep!), but it is now your responsibility to remember to bring your timing chip to the event. A replacement fee will be charged for lost or forgotten timing chips.